Saturday, September 10, 2016

The Holy War

I LOVE college football. It is the mark of all things cozy, like the transition from summer to fall and curling up by the fire watching a game or reading a book. I have even been to the College Football Hall of Fame in Atlanta, Georgia!



I was born in Provo, Utah while my dad was working on his bachelors degree at BYU. I bleed blue, I always have. Today is what is known, in the college football world, as "The Holy War".
BYU vs U of U.  

I never realized the intense rivalry of Utah's two biggest universities until I married into a family where everyone, except my hubby, attended the U (University of Utah).

 Here I am proving how blue I am:


 My midwife, Rachel is a Ute alumni so we get some pretty playful banter back and forth about which school is going to win. I couldn't help myself and so I started trash texting her earlier this week:



Here I am next to my midwife's car, she was inside the hospital delivering my friend's baby when I vandalized her car.


Here I am with Rachel and Sarah. We just finished tagging the new midwife's van, she's not a cougar fan but that's what makes this even more funny



This is my hubby when we watched last year's Holy War, I was sitting on the couch when he walked in, my oldest brother leaned over and said, "He seems conflicted."


If I am being honest, I think BYU has lost the last 7 out of 10 contests or something like that but the rivalry is still super fun no matter who wins. 

2 comments:

  1. Bleeding blue is stupid. Come over to the right side and bleed red with us normal folks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never! Not even after barely loosing to you when we were down three of our starters!

    ReplyDelete